Tuesday, January 4, 2011

ANNIE LEIBOVITZ'S DISNEY DREAM SERIES

As cliche as this series is, it perfectly captures a type of photography that I am very interested in and have no idea how to do! If anything, I need to improve my photo-editing skills and my lighting skills. LIGHTING IS KEY and it's what I want to learn! Although this series does get a little Photoshop heavy, I like the ones that don't have any obvious special effects like the first photo below.









Oh and this one from her photoshoot for Marie Antoinette .

I love the narrative of them. I mean yes, she was given an obvious narrative, but I love the fairytale feel of it as well. The colors are beautiful, and mostly desaturated. Stylistically I am drawn to it. The extravagant scenes and costumes look so fun to photograph!

No comments:

Post a Comment